Day01: Kathmandu Arrival:
Our representatives from ‘Himalayan Trek Nepal’ will welcome and receive you at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu upon your arrival. You will then be transferred to the hotel where you will be shortly explained about the trekking itinerary package. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day02: Drive to Dhunche:
The next day, you will have breakfast in the morning at the hotel and then head to a scenic drive along the Prithvi Highway following the serpentine road along the Trishuli River. You will reach Dunche, the district headquarters of Rasuwa, after around 6 hours of drive watching scenic views along the way. Dhunche is full with hotels and guesthouses and you will stay overnight at a guesthouse.
Day03: Trek to Syabru Gaon:
Following the gravel road, we will pass through the ridges along the pretty small settlement with amazing views of Ganesh and Langtang Mountains. An hour long trek from the point through forest and terraced slopes will take us to a ridgeline separating Langtang Khola form Trishuli River that marks the gateway to enter Syabru Gaon.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel:
The next day we will descend further down the trail, crossing Ghopche Khola (a small river) and then a couple of Tamang villages before reaching Rimche village. Rimche is a wonderful village located at 2400 m altitude. Walking further down the trail and crossing more forests, we will ultimately reach Lama Hotel, our destination for the day. Lama Hotel is a popular place for stopping by amongst the tourists who come here in Lantang region for trekking. Overnight stay at a guesthouse.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village via Ghora Tabela:
Leaving behind Lama Hotel on the 5th day, we will then ascend along the uphill trail studded with maples, oak, Rhododendron and pine forests. Before reaching Langtang Village, you will have chances of viewing local flora and fauna like white monkeys and other local birds. In a short while, you will reach Ghora Tabela (2970 m). Lowering further down to Thangshyap (3140 m), the trail ascends all the way to the Langtang Village which is the headquarters of the Langtang National Park. From the village, you can have 180-degree views of the mountains including Mount Lirung, Mount Langtang, among others.
Day06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa:
Chasing the inclined path uphill, the track advances forth small settlements of Sindum and Yamphu (3640 m) and crosses Laja Khola to arrive at a viewpoint with excellent views of Kyanjin Gompa and icefall from Lirung and Kinshung. Descending through the point will in the end bring us down to Kyanjin Gompa (3870 m). The old Buddhist monastery in Kyanjin Gompa is popular amongst the trekkers.
Day07: Rest Day in Kyanjin Gompa:
The next day, you will be taking rest at Kyanjin Gompa and also visit around the area. The Buddhist monastery in Kyanjin is very popular and will be one of the major attractions for the day. You can even plan for a short trek to the local cheese factory in the afternoon or climb Kyanjin Ri to enjoy the views of Langtang Ri, Dorje Lakpa, Langtang Lirung and other majestic mountains of the Langtang region.
Day 08: Trek back to Lama Hotel:
Eighth day marks the beginning of the return trip as we will return following the same trekking trail back to Lama Hotel from Kyanjin Gompa. The trail follows downhill path from Kyanjin Gompa and after several hours of walking we finally arrive at the Lama Hotel where we had stayed earlier during the trip.
Day 09: Trek to Syabru Besi via Sherpa Gaon:
Traversing the different Sherpa and Tamang villages and green hills, we will make our way to Syabru Besi which is a wonderful little village town located at 1600 m altitude. Overnight stay at a guesthouse in Syabru Besi.
Day 10: Back to Kathmandu:
The next day, we will return back to Kathmandu after 8-hour long scenic drive from Syabru Besi enjoying the pleasant views of river, mountains and paddy fields along the way. After reaching Kathmandu, you will then be transferred to the hotel and say overnight there at the hotel.
Day 11: Departure
Langtang Valley Trek lasting for 11 days will conclude on the last day and you will be transferred to the International Airport in Kathmandu from where you will return to your home country or to your next destination.
Costs included in the price:
Costs excluded in the price:
- Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (for two nights) as mentioned in the appropriate itinerary.
- Guided city tours (if applicable by private car / van / bus)- depending on the number of tourists.
- All your standard meals during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Local licensed English and other language speaking guides. (We have guides for different language including Russian, etc.)
- Local staffs and porters to carry your luggage during the trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs
- As you will be traveling via land transportation, there will be no additional domestic airfares during Langtang Trekking.
- Land transfers during trekking itinerary
- Inclusive of government tax.
- Official expenses
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS)
- Langtang National Park entry fee.
- All meals (lunch and dinner) in City or the Capital.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory)
- International airfares and airport departure tax
- Visa fees
- Alcoholic, cold and hot drinks, laundry
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking staffs and driver. (Note: Tipping is expected)
- Certain sightseeing/monument entrance fees
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in above section.